Friday 6 June 2014

Starting again and more silver ware!

I arrived back in Inverness yesterday evening to find that the weather had not been reading the same forecast as I had. Expecting light easterly winds, I found a NE force 4, accompanied by mist and drizzle. Not  very auspicious start to the next leg of our wanderings, up the NE coast of Scotland to Wick, through the legendary Pentland Firth and on to Cape Wrath and then south down the wonderful Western Isles. 

I wandered into the Marina office this morning to get the weather forecast  and, to my surprise, found they had a package for me, left by Norna, the stalwart "team secretary" of Sail Caledonia. On opening it, I found we had been presented with a "wee* cup", inscribed "Winner, class 5". I felt a bit humble, considering that out of all the races, we had 2 "did not starts" awarded and a similar number of "dnf" ** situations.

Anyway, here's a photo of the wee cup on the cabin table.



* Scots for small, tiny

** Did not finish

No comments:

Post a Comment