Saturday 4 August 2012

More Gardening Leave

The perceptive of my readers will have detected that Vagabond has been inactive for the last few days. She is (your scribe hopes) attached to a buoy close to Swallow Boats yard whilst I'm at home finalising the sale of our home and helping the Owners Agent find another one.


At least, that's what I was planning to do. All I can say is that I am amazed at the many ways in which a legal mind can delay a transaction.


So I've cut the grass, sold stuff on Ebay, visited the local recycling centre, given stuff away on freecycle, taken the Owners Agent out to dinner, and filled a skip with the contents of the garage.  This was a cathartic event for each these items had been painstakingly accumulated over the 39 years on the basis that 'it might come in useful'.

I've also taken the opportunity to include a couple of pages to the blog - the first is a map of the UK showing our progress and the second is Nerds Nook - a record of the hours spent in each stage and the nautical miles recorded. I see we're at about a 60 / 40 split between hours spent sailing and hours spent on Freddie.

Normal service should resume on Tuesday when, weather permitting, Vagabind will wander north along the Welsh coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment